Industry-leading gas turbine technology company launches new software to increase performance
Turbine Technology Services (TTS), an industry-leading gas turbine technology company, introduces LODESTAR™ Parts Management, a new software that gathers and organizes large amounts of plant operational and unit component life data, then presents that data in actionable reports.
“Lodestar is defined as a star that shows the way,” said Dave May, Parts Group Manager for TTS. “Our new software guides the management of turbine parts. LODESTAR is an easy-to-use, cloud-based software empowering users to make informed decisions and accurately plan.”
LODESTAR tracks the full maintenance history and calculates remaining component useful life using online operational data, inspection data, TILs, and component life standards and experience. The software provides tools that manipulate this data to eliminate operational surprises including:
- Simulator-based future planning (“what if” scenarios).
- Graphical representation of maintenance timelines.
- Cost and value reports and budget planning.
“We project that digital systems and processes like LODESTAR will generate 16 percent cost savings,” said Tony Thornton, President of TTS. “With today’s budget sensitivity, that is significant.”
Cost savings aren’t the only driver for adoption, additional benefits include:
- Accommodates a more fluid workforce. LODESTAR is licensed by the unit and not by the seat. Train the entire maintenance team at no additional cost.
- Provides consistent data visibility to all stakeholders.
- Improves levels of innovation and transparency through sophisticated forecasting models.
- Allows engagement in an ecosystem with technology partners.
- Provides a clearer picture of parts life, minimizing unplanned downtime.
By weaving systems, data and people together, LODESTAR creates solutions that increase performance across many levels.
Accenture research indicates that nearly 90 percent of utilities anticipate that technological advances will rapidly and significantly change the industry over the next three years. The industry is now poised to take advantage of emerging technologies with LODESTAR.
TTS has the engineering expertise and over thirty years’ experience providing support and counsel to help client’s make LODESTAR an integral part of their gas turbine’s parts management platform. Follow the star to better decision making and planning.
Explore the in-depth capabilities of LODESTAR and TTS by visiting www.ttslodestar.com.